Monday, November 3, 2008

First Blog, Nov 3, 2008

Hello,

I'm a writer with two books published, Rosemount and McClellan's Bluff, and another book, Tenderfoot, on the way. I've also had 400+ articles published in magazines and newspapers, mostly travel articles but also articles of interest to homeowners (like, How to Protect Your Home from Wildfire, which appeared in Log Home Living).

One of my great interests is research. The idea for my first book was the result of my husband, Bruce, and I researching camping spots in Eastern Oregon. I saw a teenager with one of those huge backpacks, alone, trudging down a hot country road. I wondered what her story was. I would never know, but out of that came my first book, Rosemount, a story about a runaway teen. All three books are set in Washington and/or Oregon. I call them contemporary westerns; in other words, they are set in ranch country, but are contemporary novels.

Bruce and I live on five-acres on Camano Island, in northwest Washington. When we can get away, we travel in our pickup and a camper.

That's it for now--I plan to post once a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Mary! I'm looking forward to learning more about your writing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
Congratulations on your new blog! As one 93 year old Bonzer! writer says about cyberspace, "It bloggles the mind."

Lani said...

Hello Mary,
I love your new blog! Great pictures, too! I'll be watching for your future posts :-) All the best, Lani